EuroLite Advanced IGU’s
High Tech Glazing
EuroLite manufactures its IGU's using krypton gas as standard for all exterior doors and windows. Krypton gas provides superior insulation to argon gas, the industry standard, and allows us to keep our IGU’s only 1” thick. This means our triple pane glass units are thinner than most dual pane glass. Our dual pane IGU’s provide the highest thermal ratings with the slim, trim look that is so important in modern steel windows. Partnering with Saint-Gobain Glass, our glazing systems are engineered to provide the optimum U factor, Solar Control and Light Transmission for your specific needs. With EuroLite, you can have large expanses of glass in your home or office and still maintain exceptional energy performance. EuroLite U-factors are as low as 0.18!
IGU Construction Types
Clear and distortion free glass lets you enjoy the views you have chosen. You can feel visually connected with the outside while being protected from heat, cold, rain, snow, wind - and noise.
Depending on your climate needs and the placement of each fenestration, we will use one of three types of IGU construction, as well as one of three combinations of glass types - a total of 9 different options. This customized construction means your EuroLite project manager will be able to tailor every window and door to suit your exact needs. The type of glass you choose will affect the Transparency. See below to understand the change in transparency related to glass choices.
World Class Glass
EuroLite’s advanced frame construction deserves only the best glass technology. EuroLite is proud to use Saint-Gobain glass in all our windows and doors. Saint-Gobain is renowned for creating the famous Hall of Mirrors at Versailles in the 17th century and has remained at the forefront of float glass technology for 350 years.
Our IGU’s are built using Saint-Gobain’s distortion free, water clear ‘Planilux’, and ‘Planitherm’, a 92% clarity, super efficient, Low-E glass. In hot climates we can also choose from two levels of ‘Cool-Lite’ Solar Control glass. By utilizing different combinations of high tech glass, we are able to create superb, custom solutions for every climate zone and situation.
EuroLite is the only manufacturer to provide krypton gas filled IGUs (Insulated Glass Units) as standard. Krypton is a significantly better insulator than argon, which means our dual pane IGU’s work as well as triple pane argon filled units. Even when triple pane glass is required, krypton lets us build slimmer and trimmer IGUs, in keeping with our minimalist style. EuroLite triple pane units are only 1” thick.
Some companies require you to install glazing on site – creating an increased risk of damage or error, and increased cost. The glazing on all our doors and windows is installed at our factory in a controlled environment, eliminating the possibility of error or damage.
Lowest U-Factors 0.18
High Tech glass, special coatings, krypton gas fill and warm edge spacers are integrated into our thermally broken steel frames to give you the best combination of energy savings, comfort and aesthetic appeal.
EuroLite has U-Factors as Low as 0.18.
About R-Value & U-Factor
R-Value is a measurement of the insulating property of a single material, like a sheet of glass, wood or fiber insulation. The higher the R-Value, the better the insulation.
U-Factor is the measurement of heat loss through a complex assembly, like a door or window unit. It measures the thermal conductivity (heat gain or loss) through a window, due to the difference between indoor and outdoor temperatures. It is calculated using the R-Values of all the layers of the structure. It is essentially the reciprocal of the average R-Value for the whole unit. The lower the U-Factor, the better the insulation.
In the United States, U-Factors are expressed as British thermal units (Btu). U-factor values generally range from 0.25 to 1.25. The lower the U-factor, the better the window insulates which is important in both hot and cold climates to reduce heating and cooling costs. Read more...
* EuroLite U-factors can be as low 0.18.
About Low-E, SHGT and VT
Low-E stands for Low Emissivity and is a type of glass that has a special coating to reduce the emissivity of the glass surface. Emissivity is a measurement of how well a surface can emit thermal radiation. Low E coatings reduce the solar heat gain (SHGC) while allowing high amounts of visible light to pass through the glass. EuroLite provides Low E glass as standard.
- The larger the SHGC number, the greater the solar gain (more heat)
- The smaller the SHGC number, the lower the solar gain (less heat)
* EuroLite SHGC can be as low as 0.14
VT or Visible Light Transmittance is a measurement of the total amount of visible light a window allows into the home. VT typically varies between 0 and 1, with most values among double and triple-pane windows between 0.30 and 0.70. The higher the VT, the more light is transmitted. A high VT is desirable to maximize daylight; however there can be an undesirable solar heat gain with a higher VT. To maximize clarity of view, select windows with a higher VT.
* EuroLite VT can be as high as 0.65
* Windows and doors with one lite have the best NFRC thermal ratings. Thermal performance can be lessened when selecting either the TDL or SDL with spacer bars.
The look of multiple separated panes of glass in a window is popular in a wide variety of architectural styles. They can be diamond shaped as in historical replications, or squares as in traditional and modern homes. For those who seek historical accuracy, true divided lites (TDL) are truly separated individual glass panes in a single window. Simulated divided lites, (SDL) mimic the look of individual panes of glass in a window, without sacrificing the energy efficiency of a single pane of glass. SDLs are available in a two different styles, either with or without a spacer bar inside the two panes of glass.
- TDL - True Divided Lite windows consist of multiple panes of glass physically separated by *muntins. TDL muntins must be 1 1/4” wide on the face because each separate glass panel has a 1/2” wide “warm edge” spacer that must be hidden behind the muntins.(TDL’s can also be referred to as Authentic Divided Lite or ADL’s.)
- SDL - - Simulated Divided Lite windows have just one piece of glass with muntins attached to both the interior and exterior of the glass. They can be just 1/2’ wide, to create the modern, sleek stiles exclusive to EuroLite windows.
- SDL with Spacer– Simulated Divided Lite paired with a spacer bar installed between the glass, creates an even closer match to the True Divided Lite.
* Muntin bars are the grilles that separate a window pane into smaller sections. Some window grilles are imitation muntins, meaning they appear to look like muntins, but they don't truly separate individual panes of glass. Instead, they attach to one large piece of glass.
The NFRC establishes standards of 'Condensation Resistance’ or CR, that ascertain how well a window resists the formation of condensation on the inside surface of the glass. All EuroLite windows have specially designed, integral seals that are engineered to prevent condensation between the panes of glass for the lifetime of your windows. EuroLite dual pane steel windows exceed the NFRC 500 standards for condensation resistance. See ratings here. Condensation between panes of glass is usually caused by a failure of the seals that hold the insulating gas between the window panes and looks like fog inside your window. If you’ve purchased new windows, such a defect would be covered under any company’s warranty. Normal condensation on the exterior or interior of your window occurs when warm air comes into contact with cooler glass. This is most common when indoor air is warmer and more humid than outdoor air. This kind of condensation is easily remedied by wiping your window glass with a dry cloth, or reducing indoor humidity.
- As a contractor I’ve had the opportunity now to do business with EuroLite Doors 3 times this year and I must say, they have provided top customer service and delivered premium quality products at a significant savings. In all cases, my client’s were thrilled with the finished product.
- As the owner/builders of our home I can say your customer service was wonderful during the entire process. We love our door and your price was very reasonable. We show the door to everyone who stops by to see the house.
Christine & Gary Dowell
- We have nothing but praise for the product we purchased from you. Your professionalism with this product and service was exceptional from start to finish. Your instructions were very easy to understand and simple to install and level out the door.
Tony and Carmela Cuzzetto