Sound Transmission Control
Sound reduction is essential to maintaining peace of mind in the modern world. More than ever we are barraged by a background din of unwanted noise. It is particularly hard to concentrate when sounds from one space filter into a work environment that is meant to be private. This is especially so in open-plan offices, but as more people are working from home offices, it is a growing problem in the home. Distracting noise reduces efficiency and increases stress. Acoustic privacy is critical not only in boardrooms, consulting rooms, and health care settings but in residential spaces as well.
Which is why all EuroLite interior doors and windows include “Wave Disrupting” sound technology that reduces sound transmission by up to 50% over normal dual or triple pane windows.
EuroLite achieves STC (sound transmission control) ratings of up to 40 by utilizing three proprietary processes:
1. We utilize slightly different thicknesses of glass, so sound hitting one pane is transmitted at a frequency that does not resonate with the second pane.
2. Our thermal break system works to dampen sounds passing through the frame.
3. Our heavy duty ‘4 Seal System’ works to prevent ‘acoustic flanking’, or sound passing around the sash.
- As a contractor I’ve had the opportunity now to do business with EuroLite Doors 3 times this year and I must say, they have provided top customer service and delivered premium quality products at a significant savings. In all cases, my client’s were thrilled with the finished product.
- As the owner/builders of our home I can say your customer service was wonderful during the entire process. We love our door and your price was very reasonable. We show the door to everyone who stops by to see the house.
Christine & Gary Dowell
- We have nothing but praise for the product we purchased from you. Your professionalism with this product and service was exceptional from start to finish. Your instructions were very easy to understand and simple to install and level out the door.
Tony and Carmela Cuzzetto